Giving every line of code away for free has a heavy toll on our pockets. How would you like to help us?
Thought that carving it out of solid ground would show off terrain handling in the engine. The number of polygons in the VBO is huge, but batching and frustum culling makes rendering possible on an old Radeon HD4000 series.
P.S. "Te iubesc" = "I love you" .
Just a friendly reminder, that although nothing new has been posted for some time (due to the lack of relevance for the overall project), our activity can still be monitored on our blogs:
Also, remember we are on Facebook and Twitter so keep an eye out there (also on the various widgets on the site and blogs).
As development on the light branch is nearing conclusion and the merge with the main trunk is getting closer, some things changed from the original ToDo on to the final version of the branch:
- Radiosity is postponed for a later date
- Deferred renderer is still buggy but interchangeable with the forward renderer with a simple recompile
- OpenCL support is postponed for a later date
- Multi-threaded asset loading code is added but untested for now
Features that made it in:
- Light model revamped completely
- Shadow model changed to match those found in SDK's such as Unity or UDK
- Hardware occlusion queries for visibility checks
- OpenGL3+ support only
- Cleaned up a lot of code and classes
Development on the main trunk has been paused because all of the rendering updates that we posted
earlier about, are being implemented >>here<<
As soon as we reach a stable codebase with up-to-date rendering techniques, the branch will be
merged in the main trunk.
I apologize for the lack of updates lately, but due to some personal issues (house reconstruction) my development PC's are packed in boxes until ~10 September. Development should continue normally after that.